Too Hot to Tot! Tater Tot Hot Dish
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- hamburger, ground italian sausage or ground turkey, or mixture
- 1 medium
- onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium
- bell pepper (green, yellow or red, or combo) diced
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 dash(es)
- each of onion powder and garlic powder
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce, low sodium
- 1/2 pkg
- (32oz) tater tots, or enough to make one layer on top
- 1 can(s)
- (10.75 oz) cream of mushroom soup low sodium (condensed)
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- low fat sour cream
- 1/2 can(s)
- corn kernals, low sodium, drained (could also use canned green beans, low sodium)
- 1 dash(es)
- seasoned salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded colby jack cheese, or your favorite blend
- 1-2 dash(es)
- beef bouillon granuals----****change/addition****
1Preheat oven to 350° F (175 degrees C).
2In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef with the onions, peppers, garlic, onion and garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Drain excess fat, and season with a dash of seasoned salt and pepper to taste. Seasoned salt and pepper will also be used on top, so do not over season.
3In a small bowl, stir the soup and sour cream into the milk until smooth;***CHANGE (sprinkle a dash or so of beef bouillon into this and whisk to blend)*** pour into meat mixture to heat through. Spread the beef mixture evenly over the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle corn on top of the meat mixture and sprinkle half of the cheese. Arrange tater tots evenly on top and sprinkle a little seasoning salt and pepper on top of the tots. Sprinkle remaining cheese evenly over the top.
4Bake in preheated oven covered for 40 minutes. Uncover and continue to cook for an additional 10-15 min, until cheese is bubbly and slightly brown. Tots should be slightly crunchy.