Thick beef vegetable soup
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pkg
- stewing beef, cut into small chunks
- 6 c
- 2 small can(s)
- beef broth
- 1 large can(s)
- tomato juice
- 1 small
- onion, diced
- 6 to 8
- potatoes, peeled and cut into medium chunks
- 4 to 5
- carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
- 2 to 3
- celery stalks, sliced
- 1/3 c
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- original mrs. dash
- 1/8 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 large pkg
- frozen, mixed vegetables
- any amount
- leftover or partial pkgs.of frozen vegetables or cansof vegetable
- 1 to 2 c
- fresh cabbage, chopped as you like
- 2 to 4 sma can(s)
- tomatoes: crushed, diced or stewed
1Simmer beef in the water until tender.
2Add beef broth, tomato juice and crushed, diced or stewed toatoes and onion to meat and water. Simmer 10 min to 20 min.
3Add seasoning, sugar, and carrots and celery and simmer about 15 min.
4Add potatoes and simmer 15 min. Add thawed frozen or canned vegetables (and cabbage if you want cabbage). Simmer until vegetables are tender.
5If you want to, let set about 1/2 hoiur and then either refrigerate or eat hot.
6Add biscuits, cornbread or french bread and fruit to make a nice meal.