Roast Beef in a Crockpot/or oven
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 or 2
- beef roasts, depending on size of roasts and size of cooker. i like to get about 6 lbs of roast to serve 8-10. that is about all my cooker will hold, and i use the smaller measure of ingredients.
- 1-2 can(s)
- campbells french onion soup
- med. to large carrots, or more small ones, peeled and sliced, i like to slice them at an angle
- 3-5 lb
- russet potatoes, washed and cut up in somewhat larger than bite size pieces
- ribs of celery, cut off the tops
- small to medium onion, peeled, sliced vertically, separated, like for onion rings sliced in half
- 1/2-1 clove
- garlic, peeled, minced finely, or bottled little pieces
1Wash and remove any excess fat. You will want to leave a little to help flavor the meal. Pat dry the roast. Prepare the vegetables, Put about 1/2 of the vegetables in the pot. Put in your roast or roasts. Throw in the rest of the vegetables. Add 1 or 2 cans of soup (again, depending on whether you use 1 or 2 roasts. Add about 1/4 cup of water (big or little roast).
2Cook on high for about 3 hours, or low for 6-9 hours. Goes wonderfully with homemade bread rolls and butter, and served with either a fresh green or fruit salad.