This is chili mac with seasoning, veggies, and lots of cheddar cheese to make it creamy. Easy to make, and kid company always loved it. I never had leftovers.
They are now making it for their kids....or if honest, for themselves, on a lazy Saturday afternoon.
I hope you enjoy the easy put together casserole. It doesn't have to go in the oven, whips up quickly as pantry staples are handy to use.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pkg
- 7-8 ounce elbow macaroni ( 2 cups uncooked)
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or margarine (if health conscious, can use olive oil)
- 1 small
- green pepper, cleaned and chopped
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 2 can(s)
- (15 0z.) cans chili with beans, or 2-3 cups of your own recipe for chili, or vegetarian beans in chili sauce (like 'chili starter' beans in a can)
- 1 can(s)
- (12-15 oz) corn, whole kernel, drained ( or 1 1/2 cups your own frozen or canned corn)
- 1 tsp
- seasoned salt
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese ( i use more)
1Cook elbow macaroni according to instructions. Drain well.
2In large skillet, melt butter. Add onion, and green pepper. Cook until tender, do not brown.
Add desired cans of chili, (or if vegetarian, chili beans, with chili sauce), or your own chili, 2-3 cups.
Add corn, seasoned salt, and pepper.
Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
Stir in macaroni. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
3Cover and heat on low 5 minutes.
Note: If you have an 8 oz box of macaroni, you will want to use the larger amount of chili.
I always add more cheese to make it creamier. I like to stir in the one cup, and add another on the top. Makes it very creamy, and tasty.
4NOTE: As mentioned above, I have adapted this dish for a vegetarian easily by usig chili beans without meat. You can use the vegetarian chili as well.
GLUTEN-FREE: Use an 8 oz. box of your favorite gluten free elbow macaroni. Continue as directed. Make sure your other seasoning ingredients are also GF.
Reheats easily, if you have any leftovers.