This is chili mac with seasoning, veggies, and lots of cheddar cheese to make it creamy. Easy to make, and kid company always loved it. I never had leftovers.
They are now making it for their kids....or if honest, for themselves, on a lazy Saturday afternoon.
I hope you enjoy the easy put together casserole. It doesn't have to go in the oven, whips up quickly as pantry staples are handy to use.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 pkg
- 7-8 ounce elbow macaroni ( 2 cups uncooked)
- 1 Tbsp
- butter or margarine (if health conscious, can use olive oil)
- 1 small
- green pepper, cleaned and chopped
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 2 can(s)
- (15 0z.) cans chili with beans, or 2-3 cups of your own recipe for chili, or vegetarian beans in chili sauce (like 'chili starter' beans in a can)
- 1 can(s)
- (12-15 oz) corn, whole kernel, drained ( or 1 1/2 cups your own frozen or canned corn)
- 1 tsp
- seasoned salt
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese ( i use more)
Add desired cans of chili, (or if vegetarian, chili beans, with chili sauce), or your own chili, 2-3 cups.
Add corn, seasoned salt, and pepper.
Simmer on low for 5 minutes.
Stir in macaroni. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Note: If you have an 8 oz box of macaroni, you will want to use the larger amount of chili.
I always add more cheese to make it creamier. I like to stir in the one cup, and add another on the top. Makes it very creamy, and tasty.
GLUTEN-FREE: Use an 8 oz. box of your favorite gluten free elbow macaroni. Continue as directed. Make sure your other seasoning ingredients are also GF.
Reheats easily, if you have any leftovers.