Keftedakia - Greek Meatballs
Classic Greek meatballs are called Keftedes and Keftedakia are a smaller version of them. They can be eaten as a snack, as a meze with ouzo and or beer or just as part of a buffet meal.
Children also love these quick and easy to make treats. I hope you will also.
- 1 kg beef, minced
- 1 large onion, very finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 slices white bread, dry, soaked in milk and well drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper