Judy's Stuffed Peppers
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 c
- cooked, white or brown rice
- 1 1/2 lb
- lean ground round or ground turkey
- 1 medium
- onion, finely chopped
- good size green peppers, washed; finely chop the tops to add to the meat mixture
- 1 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp
- salt; add more if you like things salty
- 1/2 tsp
- ground black pepper, or less to taste
- 2 tsp
- dried oregano
- 2 can(s)
- tomato soup mixed with water or milk to a gravy consistency
1Cook the rice and set aside.
2Cut off the tops of the green peppers and clean out the insides, removing all membranes and seeds.
3Combine all ingredients, except tomato soup, in large
mixing bowl. I use my hands so that everything is well combined.
4Stuff the mixture into each cleaned out pepper. If you have any left over, you can make meatballs with it.
5Pour tomato soup mixture over all the peppers and cover with lid or foil.
6Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 1&1/2 hours. Test the bottom of the peppers (the thick part) to be sure they're tender. Let stand about 10 mins before serving.