Connie's Sirloin Casserole
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 1/2 lb
- top sirloin roast chunks, bone in
- 1 1/2 c
- kentucky seasoned flour- if you can't find the kentucky brand flour, just mix 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and onion powder together.
- 2 Tbsp
- garlc powder
- 1 Tbsp
- lawry's seasoning
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- potatoes, peeled and sliced into large hunks
- carrots, peeled and sliced into large hunks
- 1/2 bottle
- red wine, small, single size bottle
- 1 pkg
- onion soup mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 c
1Combine flour, garlic powder and Lawry's seasoning in a zip lock bag and shake it to combine.
2Add sirloin chunks and shake to cover them.
3Add olive oil to your hot cast iron skillet.
4Brown sirloin chunks in olive oil. Be sure all sides of sirloin are brown.
5Take sirloin chunks out of the cast iron skillet and place in a large casserole that has a cover (or cover later with aluminum foil).
6Add 2 cups of water to the hot pan and mix up the drippings.
7Add potatoes, carrots, wine, onion mix, and drippings into the casserole dish and cover.
8Roast at 280 degrees for 3 hours; then 1 hour at 350 degrees. You can play around with the degrees and time. This is just how I did it the first time I made it and it was amazing.