Avocado-Pepper Grilled Steak
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/4 c
- chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin, divided 2tbl/1tbl
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 large
- garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp
- peppercorn, crushed
- 1 1/2 lb
- london broil
- 1 medium
- red pepper, cored and cut into eighths
- 1/2 medium
- red onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1/2 lb
- shitake mushrooms, trimmed and halved
- avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into 2" wedges
1Heat grill or broiler.
In med size bowl, whisk together cilantro, 2Tbl olive oil, lime juice, salt and sugar.Set aside.
2In another small bowl, combine garlic, peppercorns and remaining 1 tbl oil; rub steak with garlic mixture. Set aside.
3Grill peppers, onions, and mushroom pieces for 6 mins, turning them at least once. Combine these with the cilantro mixture. Add avocado slices and then toss.
4Grill or broil steak for 10 mins - 5 min each side or until thermometer inserted in meat reads 140* for med.
5Slice steak into thin slices and serve with the mixed veggies.