They asked for it over and over again. It was always a welcome treat. The only questions left to answer we're when or pork or chicken? Hope you enjoy it as much as our family and friends do.
PS: The photos will be added as soon as possible. For some reason, I was not able to upload them to this recipe. I'll keep working on it, and post it as soon as I am able to.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- chicken parts-2 to 3 pieces per person minimum
- large yellow onion-sliced into half rings
- 4-6 clove
- garlic-peeled, crushed and roughly chopped (more if you like)
- 1 1/4 c
- cider vinegar
- 1 1/3 c
- white cane vinegar
- 3/4 c
- soy sauce
- 1/2 c
- worcestershire sauce
- large bay leaves
- cooking oil-enough to cost the bottom of the pan
- 1/4 c
- whole allspice
- 1/4 c
- whole peppercorns
- peppercorns and whole all spice may be tied into a sachet or place in a mesh spice ball to make removal before eating easier. be sure the sachet or spice ball is well emerssed during cooking to adequately season the dish.
- 1/2 to 1
- thumb ginger-peeled, sliced into matchsticks
- salt & pepper to taste
- dried lily flower
- substitute: pork butt-cut into equal sized cubes(recommend 1to 1.5 inch cubes)
- 1-2 c
- some folks like to cook the two meats separately, then add them to the same bowl to serve. others will use the one pot method mentioned below.
- if you want to mix pork & chicken in one dish, brown/sear the chicken first and set it aside. begin cooking the pork. when the pork is just over half-way cooked. it is time to add the chicken pieces and finish cooking them with the pork.
1Use a heavy pan with a lid. Put oil into pan. Heat and add meat. Brown all sides of the meat evenly. When browned, remove all pieces of the meat and reserve.
2Add onion, garlic and spices to the oil. Saute for 1-2 minutes. Add browned meat. Saute 2-3 minutes.
3Add soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, vinegars and ginger. Add half the water.
4Stir and saute at medium to medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, cover the pan leaving a small vent. Stir occassionally.
5Continue to saute,stirring occassionally until meat is tender and cooked.
6Serve over steamed rice.
7Add dried lily flower and stir into adobo mix. Continue cooking.
8Add salt and pepper to taste.