Nicole's Creamy Hot Chcolate
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 c
- semi-sweet chocolate (either baking squares grated or chippits)
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 can(s)
- 5 1/2 c
- milk (any kind of white milk "fat free" "lactose free" "1%" 2%" 3.25%", etc..)
- 2 c
- half & half
- 2 tsp
- pure vanilla (or one whole vanilla bean)
- on the picture, i whipped real whipping cream and i shaved some chocolate to sprinkle over top :)
- however you can top your hot chocolate as you wish :)
- roasted marshmallows, regular mallows, a cinnamon stick, instead of using pure vanilla you can alternate with pure peppermint and add a candy cane to the mug :)
1Melt chocolate chips, stirring constantly, in saucepan over low heat. Stir in sugar and water.
2Increase heat to medium. Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil. Continue cooking 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3Add milk and half & half; cook until heated through. (Do not boil.) Add vanilla.
Remove from heat; beat with whisk until frothy.
Pour into mugs. Serve with whipped cream and shaved chocolate :)