Tropical Coconut Cream Pie in Coconut Cookie Crust
Some sliced bananas tucked among the toasted coconut with a ring of piped whipped cream makes it look like it is a dessert straight from your best bakery!
It is a favorite with everybody! I get requests for the recipe whenever I take it to an event. I hope you love it too!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 1/2 c
- shortbread cookie crumbs (about 20 cookies)
- 1 2/3 c
- flake coconut, divided
- 1/3 c
- butter or margarine, melted
- 1 large
- banana, sliced (if adding a garnish on top, use 1 extra banana)
- 1 1/2 c
- cold milk
- 1 pkg
- (4 serving size) vanilla instant pudding
- 1 can(s)
- (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 c
- whipped topping, thawed ( or whipped cream, stabilized*)
- 1 c
- flaked coconut, toasted (optional) (or more as desired)
Bake 10 minutes or until golden. Cool. Arrange banana slices on crust.
Spoon over banana slices in crust.
Gently stir pineapple into whipped topping. Spread over pudding mixture.
Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired.
Chill for about 4 hours or until set.
I add a package of 'Whip it" or any of the stabilizers you can purchase in baking aisle to hold whipped cream together longer.
You can use low fat products, sugar free, etc. or whatever dietary needs you have as well as making it as written.
It will still be creamy and delicious!