Chocolate Turtle Pie or Turtle Ice Cream Pie
To make this into an ice cream pie, replace the cooked pudding (using the milk) with softened chocolate ice cream, then garnish & freeze until almost ready to serve. =^..^=
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/4 c
- caramel ice cream topping, plus extra to drizzle as a garnish
- chocolate crust, pre-made or homemade
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans & more for garnish
- smaller pkgs. cooked chocolate pudding mix (4 serving size each)
- 3 c
- whipped cream or cool whip
1Spread caramel topping over the bottom of the chocolate crust. Sprinkle with the chopped pecans. Refrigerate.
2In a saucepan, mix together the 2 packages of chocolate pudding mix and the milk. Cook and stir, as directed on the package, to a full boil. Cool 5 minutes, stirring twice.
3Pour slightly cooled pudding into the chocolate crust. Place plastic wrap on the surface of the pudding (to avoid a "skin") and refrigerate for 3 hours.
4Remove the plastic wrap and garnish with whipped cream, additional caramel topping, and pecan pieces, as desired. Refrigerate leftovers.