Apple pie from a jar
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 10 cups water
- 4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- apples, peeled and sliced to fill 7 quart jars
- 1 cup cornstarch
11. Make the syrup by putting the water in a large heavy pot and stir in the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and continue boiling till syrup is thick and bubbling. Add in lemon juice.
2. Fill clean Mason jars with sliced apples. Cover apples with syrup. Seal and process in a boiling water bath for 20 mins.
NOTE: Use as you might a can of prepared apple filling.