Diabetic Mini Cream Puffs
- 1/2 c
- 1/8 tsp
- salt or lite salt
- 1/4 c
- margarine or light margarine
- 1/2 c
- all-purpose flour, plus
- large eggs at room temperature
- 8 oz
- cool whip or light cool whip
- 1 oz
- (3 1/2 oz.) package sugar-free pudding mix,prepared per directions
2.Bring water and salt to full boil. Stir margarine until melted.
3. Add flour, all at once. Stir until mixture forms a ball.
Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
6.Drop dough by teaspoons into baking sheet, forming 24 mounds. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown.
7.Turn oven off and prick puff on sides with toothpick.
9. With sharp knife, carefully remove the tops of the puffs.
10.Filling: Fold Cool Whip into prepared pudding. Fill each puff and replace top.
12.Each serving supplies 1/2 fat exchange(margarine),1/4 protein exchange (egg), 1/2 bread exchange (flour), 1/8 milk exchange(pudding) and 5 optional calories.