Spiced Nut Cookies
Catherine Cappiello Pappas
- 1 package betty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup crushed nuts (preferably almonds)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoons almond flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine sugar cookie mix, crushed nuts, and spices. Add butter, almond flavoring, and vanilla.
Scoop about a teaspoon of cookie batter and flatten onto cookie sheets. You should get about 2 dozen cookies. Bake for about 8 - 10 minutes or until edges are just slightly golden. Let cookies sit for a few minutes on cookie sheet before transferring them to a wire rack. (They will be very soft and will tear apart if you don't let them rest first).
Once slightly cool, roll each cookie in confectioner's sugar and enjoy!