No Bake chocolate & oatmeal cookie bars
These are very tasty and the honey is wonderful in these cookie bars.
These cookie bars are creamy and have to be stored in the refrigerator as they will melt in your hand and mouth. Even my husband is grabbing a few for snacks.
I did make a few changes for our taste.
- 1 c
- chunky or creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 c
- honey (your local honey is the best)
- 1/2 c
- coconut oil (no substitutes, this is what makes it creamy)
- 2 c
- oats, oldfashion, do not use instant
- 1 1/4 c
- chocolate chips
- 3/4 c
- rice crispy cereal (can substitute dried cranberries, fruit or raisins)
I would suggest lining your baking dish with parchment paper as I had to let set out on the counter to soften a bit before I could cut and remove from baking dish.
Keep refrigerated. I covered my cut cookie bars with saran wrap to keep them fresher.