Mini Mango Cakes
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- cups flour
- teaspoon baking soda
- teaspoon ginger, powdered
- tablespoons butter, unsalted, room temperature
- cup sugar, vanilla scented
- cup sour cream, thick
- teaspoons vanilla extract, pure
- teaspoon lemon extract, pure
- teaspoon lemon rind, finely grated
- large egg, room temperature
- large egg yolks, room temperature
- cup mango, fresh, sweet, diced
- pint whipping cream, cold
- tablespoons sugar, white
- teaspoon vanilla extract, pure
- tablespoons rum, dark
- cup coconut, sweet, toasted (garnish)
1Preheat oven to 400°.
2Butter and flour muffin cups, 16 2 3/4-inches.
3Mix together flour, baking soda, salt and ginger.
4In a separate bowl, beat butter on high for 2 minutes.
5Add sugar to butter gradually, beating a total of 2 minutes longer.
6Next, add vanilla extract, lemon extract, lemon rind and sour cream together.
7Add sour cream mixture to butter and sugar, beat 1 minute.
8Add 1 egg and beat on medium high for 1 minute then add egg yolks and beat 1 minute longer.
9Scrape down bowl.
10Add flour just until all flour is absorbed.
11Gently, mix in diced mango.
12Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake on lower-third level rack for 20 - 23 minutes.
13Allow cakes to cool in tins for 1 minute before carefully removing and placing on rack to cool completely.
14While waiting for cakes to cool prepare whipped cream.
15In a cold bowl add whipping cream, sugar, vanilla extract and dark rum.
16Beat on high until cream thickens.
17Split cakes in half, spread with rum cream and sprinkle toasted coconut on top.