Easy Healthy Banana Bread
This is my son's favourite school snack. Swiss schools do not allow unhealthy, sugary food/drinks at school. This banana bread is high on flavour, wholewheat grain and fibre, and low in sugar and fat. So this one is allowed! In moderation of course.
If I make it in the weekend I add small chunks of plain white chocolate. Delish!
You can add a pinch of baking powder or baking soda to make it rise a little more.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- ripe or even overripe bananas
- 1/3 c
- butter, warm and soft or melted (75 g)
- 1/8 c
- cane sugar (or sugar of your choice)
- egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 c
- wholewheat flour (i like spelt)
- 1/2 c
- hazelnuts/pecan nuts/macadamia nuts/pumpkin seeds (your choice)
- 1 pinch