CHOCOLATE COCONUT ALMOND BALLS--BONNIE'S
- 1¾ cups unsweetened, flaked coconut
- about 25 whole almonds, toasted
- 1 giant bar of dark chocolate - my choice is ghiradelli
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Heat nuts in a dry, heavy skillet over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until they're golden brown and they give off a rich, toasty fragrance. Watch them closely when using this method as it's easy to burn them. Stir nuts frequently for even toasting.
Remove from pan to cool.
Roll the balls and insert an almond inside until it is hidden.