CHOCOLATE COCONUT ALMOND BALLS--BONNIE'S
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1¾ cups unsweetened, flaked coconut
- about 25 whole almonds, toasted
- 1 giant bar of dark chocolate - my choice is ghiradelli
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Heat nuts in a dry, heavy skillet over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until they're golden brown and they give off a rich, toasty fragrance. Watch them closely when using this method as it's easy to burn them. Stir nuts frequently for even toasting.
Remove from pan to cool.