Yaourtopita - Greek Yogurt Cake
A delicious, traditional Greek dessert, from recipe used in the homes of local Greek mothers and grandmothers!
This is a refreshing and easily prepared cake for the summer months, prepared with Greek strained yogurt.
Although it can be eaten warm straight from the oven, it is best eaten when it is cold.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 400 g fine semolina
- 400 g sugar
- 500 g greek yogurt, strained
- 5 eggs
- 50 g almonds, very finely chopped
- 5⁄8 g vanilla powder or 5⁄8 g vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄16 teaspoon salt
- 350 g water
- 600 g sugar
- 3 lemon peel, thin strips of