Sensational Cupcakes & Frosting -Diabetic Friendly
1 cupcake with frosting = approx. 115 calories and 15 carbs!
I have to give credit to Kraft for the picture since I have no way currently to take pictures. :(
- 1 - 16oz. pkg
- pillsbury moist supreme sugar-free classic yellow cake mix
- 8 oz
- water or 1 - 8oz. can crushed pineapple in it's own juice, undrained
- 1/2 c
- pure vegetable or canola oil
- egg whites or 3 lg. eggs
- 1 small pkg
- (3.4 oz.) instant, sugar-free, french -vanilla or s/f pistachio pudding mix (dry)
- 1 small pkg
- (3.4 oz.) instant, sugar-free, french-vanilla - or - s/f pistachio pudding mix
- 1 - 15 oz) can(s)
- crushed pineapple in it's own juice, undrained
- 1 - 8 oz
- thawed, cool-whip whipped topping
- 1 - 8 oz pkg
- low-fat cream cheese (softened)
Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups in cupcake pan and spray lightly with 'Baker's Joy" nonstick cooking spray.
Blend with electric mixer until moistened.
Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Bake 19 to 23 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Remove from pan.
Cool completely on wire rack.
Then refrigerate until ready to frost. (I recommend at least 1-2 hours)
Remove from refrigerator and frost.
Refrigerate in covered container until ready to serve.
Store any leftover cupcakes in covered container in refrigerator.
Makes 24 cupcakes.
(These can be made ahead and frozen or refrigerated up to 48 hours).
Whip cream cheese with pineapple in medium bowl. using electric mixer on low speed for about a minute.
Add dry pudding mix and continue to mix well.
Gently STIR in Cool Whip. (Don't use mixer for this step).
Refrigerate frosting at least 1 - 2 hours.
Pipe frosting on cold cupcakes and refrigerate in covered container until ready to serve.
Garnish or decorate as desired and serve.