Erin go Giant Green Oreo Mint Cake
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 box
- devil's food cake mix (2 layer) + eggs & oil
- 1/4 c
- sour cream
- 1 tsp
- mint extract (not peppermint)
- 1 pkg
- naufanchel (or regular) cream cheese - 8 oz
- 3 pkg
- tub of lite cool whip (thawed)
- mint oreo cookies (can use regular), crushed
- green food coloroing
- tub of sugar free chocolate frosting
1Preheat oven according to directions on cake mix and prepare cake according to directions EXCEPT, sub in 1/4 cup lite sour cream for part of the water AND add the mint extract. Bake cake in two layers and allow to cool completely.
2Mix together Naufanchel (or regular cream cheese) cheese and Splenda until completely blended. Add food coloring to make green. Fold in thawed cool whip and crushed Oreos.
3To assemble: place first layer of cake on a plate. With a large spatula, spread Cool Whip mixture a-top the cake. Place second layer on top of the Cool Whip mixture and frost the top with the Sugar Free frosting.
4Place in fridge for at least one hour before serving. Store in fridge.