Coconut Carrot Cake
The amount of carrot is just enough to provide a little extra crunch and
flavor and the cinnamon adds a pleasant spiciness.
Add some glaze it you desire
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 cup grated coconut (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees [F]. Grease and flour a 12-cup tube
pan. Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, and beaten eggs and mix
well. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until blended. Add the vanilla extract. Fold in nuts, coconut, and carrots.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour, or until a cake
tester inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean. Cool the cake
in the pan.