Chocolate Strawberry Valentines
The benefit of these is you CAN make these ahead of time. I usually make the cupcakes, pipe the strawberry cream cheese on, add the strawberry filling, cover and refrigerate. When ready to eat I put on a dollop of whipped cream and a strawberry fan
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 18 1/4 oz
- Pillsbury moist supreme devils food cake mix
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- 3 large
- 20 oz
- two 10 oz pkgs of frozen sweetened strawberries thawed, juice reserved
- 2 Tbsp
- 2/3 c
- reserved strawberry juice
- 5 to 8 Tbsp
- 1/2 to 1 tsp
- Kirsch more or less to your taste, and this is optional
- 16 oz
- two 8 oz containers strawberry cream cheese spread
- 14 medium
- fresh whole strawberries made into fans
- 4 oz
- Cool Whip, thawed
1Make your cupcakes to package directions using the water, oil and eggs. Let cool completely before decorating.
2I use a rectangular cupcake pan that makes 8 cupcakes to a pan I measure out 1/3 cup batter per cupcake so they are all uniform.
3While cupcakes are baking thaw your strawberries, cutting them up smaller. Reserve 2/3 cup juice.
4In a sauce pan add your strawberry juice, sugar and cornstarch, stirring to smooth, bring to boil and cook til thickened , add strawberries and cook a min more, remove from heat and stir in kirsch.
5Cover and chill filling.