Chocolate Raspberry Creme Trifle
I was in the mood to make a trifle and so I asked my sweetie if he wanted a raspberry trifle or a chocolate one. Then I thought well why not make both, and this is what I came up with.
This is not so much baking as assembling, and is very easy, yet makes a spectacular presentation.
A little raspberry liquor or kirsch sprinkled on the cake layers is very nice indeed, but optional.
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 32 oz
- two 16 oz chocolate cream glazed cakes from bakery, or bake your own chocolate cake in a 9x13 inch pan
- 24 oz
- two 12 oz packages frozen raspberries, drained well, and maybe 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar sprinkled over the top
- 6 oz
- fresh raspberries for garnish
- 14 oz
- can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c
- cold water
- 1 tsp
- almond extract
- 3.4 oz
- package instant vanilla pudding
- 2 c
- frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 oz
- raspberry jam, it you warm in microwave it will spread easier
1In a large mixing bowl beat the milk, water and extract until blended.
2Add pudding mix and whisk for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set.
3Cover and chill until mixture is partially set.
Then fold in the frozen whipped topping.
4Cut the cake into cubes, and place half of them in the bottom of a trifle bowl.
5Top with 1/3 the cream mixture.
6Carefully spread with jam.
7Put one package of raspberries next.
8Layer the rest of the cake cubes, then 1/3 cream mixture, then remaining raspberries, and then top with cream mixture.
9Sprinkle fresh raspberries over the top for garnish