Mushroom crusted Quiche
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 4 Tbsp
- butter (divided)
- 1/2 lb
- mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1/2 c
- finely crushed saltine crackers (about 15 crackers)
- green onions, chopped fine (more or less to taste)
- 2 c
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 c
- creamed cottage cheese (blended in food processor)
- eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp
- roasted garlic (or to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dried basil
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp
- paprika ( or enough to sprinkle on top of quiche)
If you chop everything with a food processor, this recipe goes very quickly!
First add the saltine crackers and blend until fine crumbs. Empty the crackers from the food processor, and add the mushrooms. Empty the mushrooms into the pan with the 3 Tablespoons of butter, and add the cottage cheese, basil,garlic and pepper. (no need to clean out the food processor in between!)
Press into the pie plate, working the crust up the sides of the pie plate.
Sprinkle onions over the crust.
Add the beaten eggs to the creamed cottage cheese mixture.
Sprinkle sweet paprika over the entire pie.
Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
The crust and topping are what is unique in this recipe. Play with your food and have fun! :)