Mountain Man Breakfast
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1/2 lb
- bacon (or sausage)
- 2 lb
- bag of o’brian hash brown potatoes
- ½-1 lb
- grated cheddar cheese
1The following requires 6-9 coals on the bottom and 12 -15 top coals:
21. Pre-heat 12" Dutch Oven. Slice bacon and brown in the bottom of the DO until bacon starts to crisp up (if using sausage, cook until no longer pink).
32. Stir in the hash brown potatoes and cover; remove cover and stir occasionally to brown and heat potatoes (15-20 minutes).
43. Beat the eggs in a separate container and pour the mixture over the hash browns. Cover and cook until eggs start to set.(10 - 15 minutes)
54. Sprinkle grated cheese over egg mixture, cover and continue heating
until eggs are completely set and cheese is melted. For an additional 3-5 minutes. Cooking times will vary with the weather and your state of awake.