MIMI’S CARROT RAISIN BREAD/MUFFINS-Slimmed Down
By Helen Ottens supersewlady
I love Mimi’s carrot muffins, but these ginormous muffins are loaded with calories and carbs and anything else that is not good for a diabetic. They posted the Carrot Raisin Bread recipe on their site so I copied it off and modified it to better reflect numbers that a Diabetic could live with. The bread also makes awesome muffins and when I do it in a regular muffin tin I can eat one for breakfast and get my treat without breaking the carb and calorie bank.
all purpose flour
whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c
nuts ( use pecans, but waltnuts work really well also)
crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained
11. Sift 1st 5 ingredients into a large bowl
22. In separate bowl Wisk together the applesauce, molasses, Splenda and eggs.
33. Stir liquid into flour, mix well, but don’t over mix.
44. Add next 4 ingredients, stir again
55. Spray loaf pan with non stick spray. Fill pan 1/3 full or fill 12 regular sized muffin cups 1/3 full.
66. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes to 1 hour, until pick place in center comes out clean.
7Nutritional information per serving:
Calories: 153.7, Total Fat: 5.5 g, Saturated Fat; 0.9 g, Polyunsaturated Fat; 1.5 g, Monounsaturated Fat; 2.7 g, Cholesterol: 61.7 mg, Sodium: 276.2 mg, Potassium: 165.5 mg, Total Carbohydrate: 25.5 g, Dietary Fiber; 2.5 g, Sugars; 7.6 g, Protein: 4.6 g