Asparagus Mushroom Strata
Shawn A Reed
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 1 lb
- asparagus, frozen or fresh
- 8 oz
- mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- 5 to 6
- english muffins toated and cubed
- 3 c
- 1 tsp
- dry mustard
- 1 tsp
- salt and pepper ( may have used more pepper, we like pepper)
- 2 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c
- italian blend cheese, shredded
1Blanch asparagus in boiling water, saute mushrooms in butter. After the asparagus is blanched cut into 1 and 1/2 in pieces.
2Beat eggs then add milk, mustard and salt & pepper in large bowl
3mix cheeses together
4I used my broiler to toast my muffins to save time, cube muffins and place in a 9x13 greased baking dish add half the cheese then the asparagus and mushrooms add the other half of cheese and pour egg mixture over all, slowly.
5cover and place in the frig over night or at least 5 hours. Bake at 350 for 40 to 60 minutes.