I make this with my toddler, and let her do most of the assembly. She loves it, and gets, to brag to Daddy that she made dinner. It's easily adaptable, as you can use whatever you like!
- store bought flatbreads, or naan (i love making this with garlic naan)
- tomato sauce (homemade, or store bought) 1/2 cup per flatbread
- shredded mozzerella chhese, or any blend of mozzerella, provelone, asiago
- sliced veggies, such as peppers, onions, mushrooms, broccoli stems, eggplant, fresh tomato
- optional: cooked sausage pieces, sliced meatballs, pepperoni
1When I get my 2 year old involved, I start by pouring the half-cup of sauce on each flat bread, and I've her a large spoon to spread it around. I help her spread it to the edges.
2Next, I have her spread the shredded cheese on top - however much people want (her daddy likes a lot of cheese, I like some under the veggies and some over top.) The cheese should come just shy of the edge, otherwise it burns when you bake it.
3I give her the veggies and meats in bowls and let her "decorate" the pizzas according to how each family member likes it. Her daddy likes sliced meatballs, I like lots of veggies. You can add anything at all - anchovies, pineapple and ham, shredded chicken and broccoli.
4Put the pizzas on a cookie sheet or pizza stone in a very hot oven - mine goes up to 550 degrees. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted but not browning. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.