Sausage, Egg & Cheese Coconut Flour Muffins
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 large
- eggs, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp
- coconut oil or butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp
- coconut milk, unsweetened, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- each: garlic powder, ground cumin, ground thyme
- 1/4 c
- coconut flour, sifted
- 1 c
- sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 lb
- mild italian sausage
1Cook sausage lightly, breaking into small crumbles. Set aside to cool.
2Blend together egg, coconut oil or butter, coconut milk, salt, garlic powder, cumin and thyme. Stir in coconut flour until no lumps remain. Fold in 3/4 cup cheese and the sausage.
3Fill 6 greased muffin cups with batter. Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining cheese. Bake at 400 degrees F. (205 c) for 15 minutes. High altitude: Move oven rack to the top level and bake at 375 F for 18 minutes.
4Variation: Use chopped cooked bacon or spicy sausage in place of the mild sausage.