Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 5 medium
- 4 oz
- blue cheese
- 3-5 Tbsp
- grated cheese parmesan, but i prefer using pecorino romano, asiago, or parmesan regiano
- 1-2 Tbsp
- fresh basil, chopped - if using dried only 1 tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- mc cormic garlic & herb no salt seasoning
- 1/8 tsp
- fresh ground garlic pepper
- 1/4 tsp
- granulated onion or onion powder
- cherry tomatoes, slice in fourths
1Stir together blue cheese, Parmesan, basil,
garlic & herb, garlic pepper, onion powder.
2Cut ZUCCHINI into ½-3/4 inch rounds.
Using a small melon baller or a very small spoon, scoop out center portion of zucchini.
Don’t scoop all the way through making a total do-nut hole. Leave the bottom of zucchini intact.
3Place Zucchini rounds on parchment paper on cookie sheet or baking stone
4Spoon BLUE CHEESE mixture into Zucchini hole.
5Top each piece of ZUCCHINI w/the chopped TOMATO.
6Sprinkle W/ EXTRA GRATED CHEESE.
7Bake 7 minutes @ 400
Yields 35 zuccchini pieces
81 piece = 19 cal, 1g fat, 1g saturated fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 58 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrates, 1 g protein (if you use regular Parmesan cheese)
9I use the scooped out pieces of zucchini in salad.