Open Face Spring Rolls
My friends all loved these! They were a hit with the adults and kids. A fun, easy and flavorful variation to the classic spring rolls!
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 2 packages athens mini fillo shells (30 total shells)
- 1 package, 16 oz, 3 color cole slaw mix (this is the raw veggies, no sauce)
- 1 shallot head (this is about 2-3 cloves), peeled and shredded
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1.5 teaspoon chinese 5 spice
1Preheat oven to 350. Place shells on baking sheet and set aside.
2In large skillet or wok place cole slaw mix and shallots and toss with Hoisin sauce. Sprinkle Chinese 5 Spice over vegetable mixture. Cook for 3 minutes on medium high heat.
3Place shells in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
4Meanwhile continue cooking vegetables until soft (this should take about 5 minutes).
5Remove shells from oven and vegetables from heat. Fill each shell with a heaping teaspoon of vegetable mixture.
6Return to oven for 2 minutes.