Buffalo Wing~Stuffed Jalapeno Poppers
(Photo from yummly.com of my recipe.)
- fresh jalapeno peppers, green and/or red
- 4 oz.
- cream cheese, half of a pkg.
- 3/4 cup
- sargento mexican 4 blend shredded cheese
- cup shredded or chopped cooked chicken, can use drained canned, leftover chicken or rotisserie
- 1 Tbl.
- finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup
- blue cheese salad dressing, can use ranch
- 1/4 cup
- buffalo wing sauce or franks red hot sauce
- cup crumbled blue cheese
Carefully cut jalapenos in half lengthwise leaving the stems on. With your fingers or small spoon, pull or scrape out seeds and membranes. In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except crumbled blue cheese. Spoon chicken mixture into pepper halves. Place on a greased foil-lined or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and bake in 325 oven for 15-20 minutes for hot flavor, 30 minutes for medium, and 40 minutes for mild. (Peppers mellow as they bake and soften.) During last few minutes of baking time, sprinkle each with blue cheese and bake til cheese is bubbly, or sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over each when serving. Serve as is, or with more blue cheese or ranch dressing and buffalo sauce for dipping and small celery sticks to cool the palate.