Crab Nachos with toasted cumin and sour cream
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- olive oil cooking spray
- whole wheat pitas (about 6 inches in diameter) split in half and cut into 8 wedges each
- 1 tsp
- whole cumin seeds
- 1/2 lb
- crab meat, clean and free of shell pieces
- 1 c
- loosely packed baby spinach leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 c
- green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 Tbsp
- low fat sour cream
- 1/2 tsp
- 3 oz
- part skim mozzarella cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
1Preheat oven to 350. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Arrange pita wedges in a single layer (not touching) on baking sheet and toast in oven for 2 to 3 minutes, until crisp. Set aside.
2Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add cumin and toast for 1 to 2 minutes,stirring often,until cumin is fragrant and a shade darker. Place cumin in a large bowl with crab,spinach,pepper,sour cream and paprika. Mix well until sour cream coats crab and vegetables.
3Top pita wedges with crab mixture,dividing evenly.Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for 10 to 15 minutes,until mozzarella melts and topping is warm. Serve immediately.
4TIP: If you are not a fan of whole cumin seeds, simply place them in a clean coffee grinder after toasting and pulse until they turn to powder.