Hoppin' Jalapeno Poppers
*Read the warning before making this recipe!*
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- large jalapeno peppers with stems (fresh peppers are a bit less spicy)
- 4 oz
- monterey jack or cheddar cheese
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, left in freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- flour for dredging (about 1/3 cup)
- eggs, separated
- 1/2 c
- vegetable oil
- ranch dressing for dipping
Leave stems on peppers. Slit peppers down one side and remove seeds. Place one slice of cheese or cream cheese (cut 1/2" thick) inside each pepper, dredge in flour, and place on plate.
Beat the egg yolks until thick and lemon colored. In a separate bowl, beat the whites until they stand in peaks. Fold the yolks into the whites.