Baked Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms
Make a lighter version by using light olive oil instead of butter and part-skim Mozzarella.
- creole seasoning (tony cacherie's or zatarain's)
- shrimp, peeled and deveined large shrimp (21-25 per lb) or to fit mushroom caps
- 1/2 c
- butter (salted or unsalted - don't use margarine) or light olive oil and a pat of butter for flavor
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- sherry (cooking sherry is fine)
- 1 Tbsp
- chives (dried or fresh)
- 12 large
- fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 Tbsp
- mozzarella or your favorite cheese, shredded (part-skim okay)
- lemon wedges
Lightly sprinkle creole seasoning over shrimp and toss to coat. Set aside.
Serve immediately with lemon wedges and french bread to mop up the extra yummy garlic butter!
If you want to make mini appetizers use smaller mushrooms and shrimp and place each one in a mini muffin pan to keep all that delicious garlic butter contained.
If you want to get fancy, serve on a gently warmed deviled egg platter. Make sure it's oven safe - about 200 degrees is plenty warm enough.
Recipe can be doubled, tripled, etc., which is what I usually do. I've made as many as 75 for a catering party.