Baked Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms
Make a lighter version by using light olive oil instead of butter and part-skim Mozzarella.
- creole seasoning (tony cacherie's or zatarain's)
- shrimp, peeled and deveined large shrimp (21-25 per lb) or to fit mushroom caps
- 1/2 c
- butter (salted or unsalted - don't use margarine) or light olive oil and a pat of butter for flavor
- 4 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp
- sherry (cooking sherry is fine)
- 1 Tbsp
- chives (dried or fresh)
- 12 large
- fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 Tbsp
- mozzarella or your favorite cheese, shredded (part-skim okay)
- lemon wedges
If you want to make mini appetizers use smaller mushrooms and shrimp and place each one in a mini muffin pan to keep all that delicious garlic butter contained.
If you want to get fancy, serve on a gently warmed deviled egg platter. Make sure it's oven safe - about 200 degrees is plenty warm enough.
Recipe can be doubled, tripled, etc., which is what I usually do. I've made as many as 75 for a catering party.