HERSHEY'S OLD FASHIONED RICH COCOA FUDGE
Featured Pinch Tips Video
- 3 c
- 2/3 c
- cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/8 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- butter, melted
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
11. Line an 8 or 9 inch square pan with foil; butter the foil.
22.In a large heavy sauce pan stir in the sugar, cocoa powder and 1/8 tsp of salt. Mix well. Gently stir in milk with a big wooden spoon (make sure to use wooden spoon).
33. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full rolling boil.
44.Boil with out stirring, to 234 degrees F. on Candy thermometer (or until a tad of Syrup, when dropped in a glass of very cold water forms a very soft ball which flattens when removed from water.) The bulb of Candy thermometer should NOT rest on bottom of pan. This process should take 20 - 30 minutes. Keep rechecking until a soft ball forms in the cold water.
55.Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla, DO NOT STIR.
66. Cool at room temperature,to 110 degrees or lukewarm, this could take 2 hours or more. (Sweet ANTICIPATION) Do Not Stir !!
77.Beat fudge with a wooden spoon or until it thickens and looses some of it's gloss. It can take 15 - 20 minutes. This is why Jeanette waited for me to visit before cooking Fudge..a tag partner to beat the fudge. It looks more like frosting instead of a thick syrup when it's ready.
88. Quickly spread onto prepared pan; cool.
99. Cut into squares. Can use a warm knife that has been dipped in hot water and dried off to cut easier.
1010. Wrap loosely in foil and place in refrigerator.
Except the "one for you and one for me" pieces we headed to bed with.