Potato Leek Soup
I like to serve this soup with garlic bread and sometimes in sourdough bowls.
Sour dough bowls i take the middle bread out and set aside. I take melted butter and garlic and rub inside of bowls and broil for 2-3 minutes then fill with soup and put bread pieces from inside sourdough bowls on the side of the plate for dipping
- 2-3 lb
- russet potatoes peeled and cut in chunks roughly the same size
- 1-2 lb
- red potatoes washed and quartered
- 4 clove
- garlic peeled and cut in half
- 1 large
- can of chicken broth (swanson's prefered)
- 3-4 large
- leeks, washed and sliced
- 1 pt
- half and half room temperature
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 stick
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Potato Leek Soup
- 1take 1 tablespoon butter and sautee leeks until tender
- 2Take Potatoes, garlic, leeks, some salt and chicken broth and put in large pot. Fill pot with water until just covering potatoes. Place on stove and cook on High until potatoes are done. about 30 minutes or so.
- 3Once done Take potatoes and broth and put in blender and blend to desired consistancy, leaving some chunks of potatoes. This takes 3 or four batches in the blender to achive. Leave pot sitting on stove burner on low.
- 4Take Flour and butter in pan used to sautee leeks and cook flour. 3-4 minutes, take room temp Half and half Stiring constantly and add to butter and flour. It will thicken fast. add cup of milk (you might need to add more milk if stil too thick) you want it to be a thick gravy consistancy. add salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Take "gravy" and add to pot of soup slowly mixing well. If needed add more salt and pepper. Leave on stove for another 15 minutes for flavors to blend together.
Serve and enjoy.