2 Tbspolive oil, extra virgin
2 ozonions, diced
4celery stalks, diced
3 largecarrots, peeled and diced
1/2 crutabaga, diced small
·kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
6 cchicken broth
8 sprig(s)thyme, fresh
1 cbarley, cooked in 4 cups water, drained
1/4 cfresh parsley, chopped
How to Make Scotch Broth
- Saute` onion in olive oil. When soft and translucent place in crock pot along with other vegetables.
- Brown lamb chops (use the most inexpensive cut you are able to find).
- When brown add to crock pot along with chicken broth.
- Cook barley in cups water over low heat until tender. Drain and add to crock pot. Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- Pull chops from broth. Break up meat and return to pot. Discard bones.
- Just before serving stir 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley.