Chatham Seafood Chowder
Daune (pronounced "Dawn") Browne
- 1- 1-1/2 lb
- fresh cod or haddock
- 1 lb
- chopped clams (i've had to used canned clams before!)
- 1 large
- onion, diced
- 3 medium
- yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 qt
- heavy cream (omg, the cholesterol!!)
How to Make Chatham Seafood Chowder
- 1In large pot, add diced onions and clams with juice. Cook until onions are clear.
- 2Add potatoes and just enough water to cover potatoes. Cook until almost cooked.
- 3Add fish (do not stir. fish will break up). Cook for 2 minutes. Lower heat to simmer, add cream with a pad of butter.
- 4Cover pan and once butter has melted, it's ready to serve