Homemade Corn Dogs
2 boxjiffy corn muffin mix
1 cself rising flour
1/4 tspvanilla extract
1 - 2 pkghot dogs
1 pkgcorn dog sticks (purchase at craft store)
How to Make Homemade Corn Dogs
- Heat up deep fryer to 375 degrees or if you are using a pot on the stove, heat oil on medium/high heat.
- Mix all ingredients together in a tall container (I use an old tall plastic canister to mix it in because it makes it easier to dip the hot dogs into), you want the batter to be thick enough to stick to the hot dog when you hold it up, not runny or soupy, thicker than cake batter. Set batter aside.
- Prepare the number of hot dogs you want to use. Dry the hot dogs off with paper towels (helps batter hold better to the hot dog.) Place hot dog on stick length wise, I go ahead and set up all the hot dogs I am going to cook on the sticks and set on plate beside the batter.
- Once oil is good and hot, dip hot dogs into batter and place in fryer. Only place 2 or 3 in deep fryer at a time. Let fry until crust is golden brown on both sides, you may need to roll the corndog over once the first side is brown. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel or paper bag to drain. Serve warm with your favorite condiments. Enjoy!
- **Note** - If you want to you can cut the hot dogs up into bite size pieces and dip in batter using small cocktail pics. (Toothpicks are too small and will break or the hog dog comes off in the batter.)