Rosemary Enhanced Refrigerator Pickles
Then I thought, 'I' could make some pickles. So searched on here, over there and up yonder and decided to take a few good things from numerous recipes and leave out the things I didn't like, and ended up with these.
Tart, Garlicky and Crunchy!
I just love the flavor and I'm sure you will too!
- 1 quart jars or upright containers
- 1 medium
- sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 2-6 clove
- garlic, smashed
- 1 1/2 tsp
- dried rosemary, or you could use 1 tbsp fresh too
- cucumbers, scrubbed, vine end removed and quartered lengthwise
- 2 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 2 c
- 1/3 c
- 1/4 c
- kosher salt
- 1 tsp
- celery seed
How to Make Rosemary Enhanced Refrigerator Pickles
- 1Place 1/4 of the sliced onion and 1 - 3 cloves of smashed *garlic and *rosemary into the bottom of each jar or container.
Then place quartered cucumbers up right in jar to fill each one. (Thats where you have to use your judgement as to how many cucumbers you'll need, since they all range so much in size.) Place remaining onion on top of cucumbers.
- 2In a bowl combine vinegar, water, sugar, salt, celery seed. Stir until sugar and salt is dissolved.
Pour over cucumbers and fit with tight fitting lid.
Store in refrigerator for at least 24 hrs.
But I recommend waiting 60-72 hrs, the flavor is amazing! :o)
- 3*The onions in this goes great in tuna salad or served with brats.
*You can add more rosemary if you love it! These have just a hint of rosemary.
*You can use less garlic if you prefer, I love garlic so I use 3 smashed cloves per jar for extra garlicky!
*You can use 1 - 2 qt jar instead of 2 - 1 qt jars...works just as well.
*I added a seeded sliced jalapeno pepper to the 2 qt jar of pickles in photo, for a little kick.