★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 1/2-3 c
- nuts (walnuts, pecans..)
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon (rounded)
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Candied Nuts
- 1Place a single layer of nuts on a cookie sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes at 325 degrees (do not burn).
- 2While nuts are warming add sugar, water and cinnamon in into a lightly sprayed thick bottom 2 quart or larger pan. Stir constantly to a boil over medium high heat to a soft ball stage, (235 degrees on a candy thermometer).
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Add vanilla and butter, stir.
- 5Add warmed nuts and stir until all nuts are coated.
- 6Pour onto a greased (or sprayed) cookie sheet spreading out to a single layer; let cool.
- 7When cool to touch separate. Cool completely. Re-separate and place in an airtight glass container.
- 8NOTE: My times are approximate as the weather and altitude will affect how long it takes to get to a softball stage. Also, I gave the nut variance because again the weather affects how much syrup there is to coat the nuts.