★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 1/2-3 cnuts (walnuts, pecans..)
1 tspcinnamon (rounded)
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make Candied Nuts
- Place a single layer of nuts on a cookie sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes at 325 degrees (do not burn).
- While nuts are warming add sugar, water and cinnamon in into a lightly sprayed thick bottom 2 quart or larger pan. Stir constantly to a boil over medium high heat to a soft ball stage, (235 degrees on a candy thermometer).
- Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and butter, stir.
- Add warmed nuts and stir until all nuts are coated.
- Pour onto a greased (or sprayed) cookie sheet spreading out to a single layer; let cool.
- When cool to touch separate. Cool completely. Re-separate and place in an airtight glass container.
- NOTE: My times are approximate as the weather and altitude will affect how long it takes to get to a softball stage. Also, I gave the nut variance because again the weather affects how much syrup there is to coat the nuts.