1 bunchgreens, (collard, mustard or a mix of both)
1/2 pkgpork fatback or 1/2 lb bacon
1 Tbspvinegar ( i use apple cider vinegar)
·salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Tennessee Greens
- I a 2 quart mix water, vinegar,butter with salt and pepper and bring to a boil
- Wash greens thoroughly and add to the pot, don't worry if it is above the top because they will wilt down
- In a separate large sided skillet( I use cast iron) fry fatback or bacon til almost crisp.
- After greens are tender, pull them out and let them set in a strainer for a few minutes to drain. Then add them to the skillet and let them fry in the grease flipping them constantly
- Add a little bit of the water you saved if they get dry. When they start absorbing the grease they are done. Eat and enjoy
- The water left over from boiling them can be add to them on the plate to keep them moist. Now that's good eating I don't care what anyone says.