- 1 bunch
- greens, (collard, mustard or a mix of both)
- 2 Tbsp
- 1/2 pkg
- pork fatback or 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 Tbsp
- vinegar ( i use apple cider vinegar)
- 1/2 qt
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Tennessee Greens
- 1I a 2 quart mix water, vinegar,butter with salt and pepper and bring to a boil
- 2Wash greens thoroughly and add to the pot, don't worry if it is above the top because they will wilt down
- 3In a separate large sided skillet( I use cast iron) fry fatback or bacon til almost crisp.
- 4After greens are tender, pull them out and let them set in a strainer for a few minutes to drain. Then add them to the skillet and let them fry in the grease flipping them constantly
- 5Add a little bit of the water you saved if they get dry. When they start absorbing the grease they are done. Eat and enjoy
- 6The water left over from boiling them can be add to them on the plate to keep them moist. Now that's good eating I don't care what anyone says.