Sugar Snap Peas con le herbe
- 4 c
- sugar snap peas, stemmed and stringed
- 4 Tbsp
- shallot finely diced
- 3 clove
- garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, chopped (1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 Tbsp
- snipped chives (1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tsp
- fresh tarragon, chopped (1/4 teaspoon dried)
- morton's nature seasoning as desired
How to Make Sugar Snap Peas con le herbe
- 1Earlier in the day I parboil my sugar snap peas for 3 minutes in chicken broth. Then I spread them out on a cookie sheet and place them in the ice box to chill. The "expert chefs" on TV will tell you to stick them in iced water but I have found that washes out the flavor I am trying to build and waterlogs them so I do not do that.
- 2About 10 minutes before dinner, throw the butter in a skillet. Melt it down and add the shallot and sauté a couple of minutes till tender. Now add the garlic and herbs and sauté 1 minute, now throw the peas in and season as desired with Morton’s. Sauté these about 5 minutes over medium heat till peas are hot and crisp tender.
- 3If you like them a bit more tender then you should boil them longer and not try to cook them in the butter.
- 4Notes: please feel free to use your own combination of herbs or match the herbs to your dinner, if you are having an Italian dinner then use Italian seasonings. I know it may sound weird but I actually love them with fresh dill.