Fried Green Tomatoes - Sweet
What else are ya gonna do, with all those green tomatoes at summers end?
- all amounts are approximate, as i never measure for this, i just pour the amount i think i will need. 3 tomatoes is more than enough for the hubs and myself.
- large, green tomatoes
- abt 1 1/2 c
- miracle maize cornbread & muffin mix - sweet flavored
- 1 c
- salt and pepper to taste, i leave out
- oil for frying
How to Make Fried Green Tomatoes - Sweet
- 1Pour milk into medium sized bowl. Place Miracle Maize into a shallow bowl (I use a paper plate.)
- 2Remove stem and core from tomatoes, wash and pat dry. Slice tomatoes into medium sized slices and place in bowl of milk.
- 3In skillet, begin to heat oil over med-high heat. (you want enough oil to come half way up the side of the tomato slices)
- 4Remove tomato slices from milk and dredge both sides into Miracle Maize, then dip back into milk and then back into Miracle Maize.
- 5Place breaded tomato slices into hot oil and fry until browned, turn and fry second side until golden. Remove from skillet and drain on paper towel. Repeat for any remaining tomato slices.
Keep eye on tomato slices, they will burn easily as they fry.
Serve hot with your favorite condiment. The hubs likes mustard on his. When I was a kid, we ate them on bread with mustard. Yummy!