BONNIE'S CORN DUMPLINGS
- cup cornmeal
- cup all purpose flour
- egg, beaten
- 7 ounces
- canned whole corn, drained, i prefer mexicorn
- cup of water
- teaspoon baking powder
- teaspoon salt
- coarse ground black pepper
How to Make BONNIE'S CORN DUMPLINGS
- 1In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1 cup of water. Whisk until smooth. Bring to a boil, cook and stir until thickened. Remove from heat.
- 2Stir in one beaten egg. Stir in 1/2 cup all-purpose flour with one teaspoon baking powder, and a shake or two of black coarse ground pepper. Beat well. You want a sturdy dough, but not too stiff, add a splash of water if it won't let you mix it easily.
- 3Fold in the drained corn, mix well.
- 4Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the boiling soup, don't let soup stop boiling. Lower the heat to simmer, cover with a tight lid, cook 12 to 15 minutes until done. No peeking!
- 5Cook's Tip: You can add different spices to these dumplings to compliment whatever dish you are cooking. Some suggestions are sage, dill, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, etc. Enjoy!