Now you're going to think I'm crazy, but I could actually smell the wonderful aroma of this dish from the living room before it even went in the oven. HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE??? As it turned out, I'm so very thankful that (cough) he didn't listen to me. (I'm surprised this isn't already in JAP)
- 4 can(s)
- (14.5-oz) diced tomatoes
- green pepper, chopped fine
- onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 10 oz
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sleeve saltine crackers, crumbled
- 1 stick
- margarine or butter
- 1 can(s)
- evaporated milk
How to Make Tomato Casserole
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees and drain tomatoes.
- 2Butter a 13x9 inch baking dish with 1/2 stick of butter.
- 3Layer all the ingredients in baking dish starting with ½ of the first nine ingredients (all except evaporated milk).
- 4Layer the remaining ingredients and dot with the remaining butter.
- 5Pour a can of evaporated milk over all...SERIOUSLY!
- 6Bake uncovered at 350 for one hour.