Basic Fried Rice
1-2 largegreen onions chopped
2 largeeggs, scrambled
1 tspsea salt ( and pepper to taste)
4 Tbspcoconut oil, divided (for stir frying)
4 ccold, cooked rice
1-2 Tbspsoy sauce, oyster sauce, teriyaki sauce etc., which ever you like.
How to Make Basic Fried Rice
- Make sure you have 4 cups of cold rice on hand. I made mine the day before.
- Wash and chop the green onion. Lightly beat the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok or fry pan and add 2 tbsp. of oil. When the oil is hot add the eggs and scramble until just done, don't let this dry out. Remove the eggs, and set aside. Clean out the pan.
- Add the left over 2 tbsp. of coconut oil to the pan, add the rice and stir fry it for a few minutes breaking up the lumps. Add in the teriyaki sauce.
- When the rice is heated through add the scrambled egg, mix it thoroughly. Add in the green onion and serve hot.